Wednesday, September 17, 2014

House of Cards, Apartment of Subscription Boxes

Hello!

I got a lot of very fun mail today - three subscription boxes!  Woohoo :)  I got my super cute Birchbox (just finished my first year as a BB subscriber!), my first Bulubox (of three -  I had a Living Social deal to try three months of it), and my Stampin' Up box called Paper Pumpkin!  I got great stuff in my Birchbox that I can't wait to try (and write about here!), the project in the Paper Pumpkin is Halloween-y and soo cute (I will def post pics here of them, too), and I got some interesting things to try in my Bulubox.  

  
The pic is a little blurry, but I was just in a hurry to open everything :)

At the Washington Monument, which is a few blocks down the street from our apartment, they were filming scenes for House of Cards today!  Of course I had to walk down there and see what was happening!  I didn't see any actors from the show, but there were big hair and makeup trailers, food trucks for the crew (who were all over the place), tents with snack tables, people in suits with earpieces, dressed-up men taking breaks drinking wine and smoking cigars, etc.  It was fun to just hang around even though I didn't actually see very much happen.  I just can't imagine how much goes into a scene that may only be a couple of minutes long!  


I guess some of the scenes filmed there are supposed to be in NY since they brought that NYPD car!  They towed the black car there while I was watching.  Exciting!  They film Veep in Baltimore, too, so next I'll have to find them :)  

Alex and I went to another great yoga class tonight!  I made the Loaded Cauliflower recipe again and it was yummy, again!

Thanks for reading!




2 comments: