Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Paper Pumpkin #5

Hello!

I recently put together the project from the December My Paper Pumpkin!  It's a super cute kit with everything you need to make nine cards - three birthday, three thank you, and three that just say hello!


Here's what came in the kit:

Set of six clear stamps
Slate Gray ink pad
Nine gray cards, scored
Nine green envelopes
Punch out confetti stars
Sequins
Nine Polaroid picture frames
Nine clear plastic squares to keep confetti in frame
Cursive sticker greetings
Foam adhesive strips
Toothpick (to punch out the stars!)

I had a lot of fun making these!  It took me about two hours I think.

First I stamped four of the square stamps in a square on the front of each card (I did three cards of each saying).




 
I also stamped the matching greeting on the inside of each card.





Next, I secured the plastic square to the back of the Polaroid frame using the foam adhesive strips (the plastic should be against the paper frame, and the foam should tape the plastic onto it).



I realized after I used up the short pieces that there were two sizes of strips, longer ones to use down the sides of the frame, and shorter ones for the top and bottom!  It didn't matter though, I just had to cut some of the longer strips since I used all of the short strips first.  Make sure there aren't any gaps in the adhesive so that the confetti can't get out!

Next I punched out half a sheet of confetti using the toothpick.



It's easiest if you hold the sheet of stars close to the table and poke through to the table, instead of just poking them into the air which I did almost the whole time.  They don't punch out very easily that way!

Then I added about 20 sequins.



I did this part card by card so I didn't make to big of a mess!

After putting the loose pieces in a little pile toward the middle of the card, I peeled the top of each adhesive strip off and stuck that to the card with all of the confetti inside!  It gets a little static-y so I had to push down the stars/sequins sometimes when they would stand straight up while I was putting the frame on it.

The last step is to put the sticker words on top of the Polaroid.  I used the toothpick on these, too, to help get the words off of the paper without ripping them.





Aren't they cute??



I loved this project!  I think the color scheme is so cute.  I've already sent a few of these!  Read some of my past posts about previous My Paper Pumpkin projects (search on my blog for My Paper Pumpkin for more) and comment if you're interested in signing up to get a fun project every month!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Such a great description! How could anyone NOT subscribe to Paper Pumpkin???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, what great cards! Kyle shared your link and your work is great!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope you're doing well! :)

      Delete