Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Baltimore Natural Hair Expo

Hello!

Two weekends ago I was on Instagram (as per uzsh) and I saw that Tiffani from JiHe Jewelry had posted a pic from the Baltimore Natural Hair Expo.  She wrote that Miko Branch of Miss Jessie's, a brand of hair care products that I love, was there doing a Q&A session and giving out samples!  I left a comment saying that I looove Miss Jessie's and Tiffani wrote back and said that I should come!  I looked up where it was...it was right by our apartment!  I walked over there and met her at the front!!

Right when I walked in Tiffani showed me the Miss Jessie's booth.



I got right in line to take a picture with Miko!  She is so friendly and nice, and has such cute hair, of course!





I told her that I learned about Miss Jessie's when I got a sample of their Leave-In Condish in one of my first Birchboxes.  I've used it ever since!

She has a book coming out and you could preorder it there.

Everyone got a bag with a bunch of great samples in it!  So exciting!!



The building where it was - the Fifth Regiment Armory - is HUGE!



The picture is a little blurry, but you can sort of see how huge it is inside (this shows maybe half of the building)!

There were so many vendors selling clothing (I saw a lot of pretty Ghana fabric!), hair and body products, jewelry, books, and even food.





Tiffani had her JiHe Jewelry booth there so I spent some of my time there and some of the time walking around looking at the other booths!



There was also a stage set up where they had fashion shows and people speaking.



After I walked around for a little bit, Tiffani and I went back so she could meet Miko, too!



We took a pic together :)



I saw a few other people that I knew there!  I chatted with Danielle from Sweet Tea and Cornbread for a while.  Tiffani and I saw Michelle (Thea's intern who I met at the first Exchange), too!  I also saw Madonna who sold jewelry at The Exchange last month!

I was there probably about an hour and a half.  I had improv rehearsal at 6pm so I couldn't stay until the end, but I'm so glad I got to go!

Oh!  Look at this super cute necklace I bought from JiHe Jewelry.



I can't wait to wear it!

When I was leaving, I asked a woman at the Miss Jessie's booth if I could take an extra bag of samples for my cousin Brookie and she said yes!  That was so nice :)  I'm going to send them to her soon!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment