Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Exchange at Exit the Apple

Hi!

Today Alex and I went to a cool event called The Exchange at Exit the Apple, which is a really neat space that is used for all types of things!  You can rent it out for your own events, too.  I read on their website that the man in charge of it is a film maker and artist of many things and he and his wife also own Oyin Handmade, "a line of natural hair and body products".



The Exchange is the second Sunday of every month and I've known about it for a few months but we just haven't been able to go until today!  Thanks to Instagram, I've seen tons of pics of past events and I've started following a lot of the vendors that sell there every month.  Here's their pic about it:

exittheapple: "This is going down TODAY!!!!!! If you are in the DMV area this is where you need to be. Trust me! If you miss it you can't say I didn't tell you so😀"

There were probably nine or ten vendors there selling all types of things.  Clothes, jewelry, candles, body products, makeup, etc.  There were a few places giving out samples of food too!  We got to try pie from PieCycle, a food tricycle in Baltimore!  Alex tried the salted caramel apple pie and I tried the salted lavender honey!  Both were soo good!  We also got to try yummy juice from Grind House Juice Bar, a vegan cafe!






I've seen lots of stuff on Instagram about Oyin Handmade so I was really excited to look at all of their stuff there today!  The woman working at the table was so nice and told me about all of their different products.  I bought a shampoo bar that I'm really excited to try!  We also got a cute little lotion sample, too :)  


They have a new salon in their store so I want to go there to get my hair cut soon!

We had an abbreviated Moonbot rehearsal tonight and we did some fun warmups and games.  We have another show this Friday so that will be fun!

I've been eating apples with peanut butter a lot!  Tonight I tried a sample of Justin's Almond Butter with my apple and it was delish!  I got two samples of the maple flavor in my last Conscious Box and finally used one!



I kept trying to figure out what the taste reminded me of (it reminded me of almonds...duh).  It was really good and it would be fun to try their other flavors!  Some people are getting the chocolate flavor in their Birchbox this month!  They're sampling a few different treats so we'll see what I get!!

I'm gonna go start reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children where I left off a month or two ago!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment