Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sondre Lerche in DC!

Hi!

We went to a concert in DC last night and got home late so I was just too tired to write anything!!

We got to see Sondre Lerche, an amazingly talented singer-songwriter from Norway, at U Street Music Hall in DC.  It was an amazing show, of course!  This is the third time we've seen him in concert.  The first time was in 2011 at the Old Rock House in St. Louis with Carl, and then we saw him again at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix in 2012.



This time, Teen opened for him.  They're an all-girl band from New York and they were good!
I first heard about Sondre Lerche when I saw the movie Dan in Real Life, which came out in 2007.  I loved the soundtrack and my parents got it for me for Christmas.  I realized that he did the whole soundtrack and started finding all of his other CDs on Amazon, at Bookmans, etc.  His first CD came out in 2001.  

We had a lot of fun!  The venue was all standing and there wasn't much of an incline, plus there were about five guys right in front of us that were all at least 6' 5", so we (mostly I) couldn't see that well, but it was still great!  The place was pretty small and we were semi close to the stage so we were close enough that it didn't really matter.

This weekend is the Baltimore Book Festival so we're getting ready to go to that!  My parents are driving here from Illinois tomorrow and we're so excited to see them!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment