Monday, September 29, 2014

Company and Cheesecake Bars!

Hello!

My parents are here!  Yay!!!  They got here tonight with doggy Dude :)  We ordered pizza from Viccino's which is right up the street and we showed them around our apt.  They had only seen it on FaceTime :)




I looked online for a sugar-free dessert to make for my dad because his birthday was Friday.  I found this recipe for Almond Cheesecake Bars and made my own version of it (I omitted all things almond because I had a little catastrophe when I was toasting them :) )!

Cheesecake Bars Made with Splenda

Ingredients:
Crust-
1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (this is more than the original recipe calls for but I didn't use 1/4 cup of toasted sliced almonds, finely ground)
1/3 cup of butter, melted

Filling-
12 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated (oops, just realized I used half that amount!)
2 eggs
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
3 teaspoons vanilla extract (more than the original recipe but I didn't use any almond extract)


Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray an 8"x8" cookie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Mix crust ingredients together in a bowl.  Mix well.  Press into prepared pan.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm.
4) Mix cream cheese and Splenda together until smooth.  Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, and mixing well after each addition.  Add Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.  Mix well.  Pour over prepared crust.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until firm.  




I let them cool for a little bit and then cut them into 20 suqares.  We had them for dessert and they turned out really good!  Sorry I didn't take many pics!

Everyone is going to bed now!  Alex has class most of the day tomorrow.  I'm not sure what my parents and I will do during the day but I want to show them all around Baltimore!  Then we'll do fun stuff when Alex gets home, too!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment