Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Love, Lashes, and Lipstick by Mally Roncal


Hi!

I was lucky enough to receive one of Birchbox's January Book Club books through Birchbloggers!  The book is called Love, Lashes, and Lipstick written by makeup and beauty expert Mally Roncal.

It is a really cute book filled with everything from stories about how Mally got into the beauty business, to makeup tips (of course!), to stories about her childhood.  I love it!



There are lots of tips I read in this book that I think about or use daily now!  One example is how Mally says you don't need to rewash your face in the morning if you wash and moisturize well at night.  Washing your face again in the morning can take away all of the moisturization your skin got the night before.  She suggests just wetting your face in the shower or the sink in the morning instead of cleansing it.  I have been doing this some days and I think it's a good tip!  Of course, when I go to exercise classes in the morning, I wash my face afterwards.  But on days when I don't, I've been following her adivice.

Some other tips I think about now when I'm putting on my makeup are 1) applying blush in her swirly "Cinnamon Bun Method" on the apples of your cheeks and moving up and out toward your cheekbones, blending as you go, and 2) pulling your mascara wand either in toward your nose or out toward your ear at the very end, to get different looks!

I love seeing the old pictures and reading stories about Mally's life growing up with her parents, how she met her husband, the first time she sold her makeup on QVC.  It is so cool to read about someone who had a dream to work with makeup from such a young age be so successful in the field!

Another fun thing that she does throughout the book is show illustrated faces with examples of how to wear makeup.  There are faces showing everything from pretty wedding day makeup, good makeup for younger girls, and one that I especially like, which is a series that shows a 2-minute face all the way to a full "Classic Hollywood Face".



There are so many cute pictures from Mally's life and fun stories about all of the different famous people she has met and worked with through the years!  I mentioned in this post that I won a giveaway that Mally Beauty did with Birchbox and I just love the products of hers that I've gotten to try!

This was such a fun book to read, and I know I'll reference it all the time for great makeup tips!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment