Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Paper Cutting Workshop!

Hi!

The exciting workshop that I went to tonight was a paper cutting workshop with Annie Howe of Bmore Papercuts!



It was so fun!!  It was a two-hour workshop at Artifact Coffee, which is such a cute place!  Alex and I need to go there soon for coffee.  There were probably about 25 people there and when I got there I checked in and got a goodie bag with a personalized name tag!


There was one of these adorable tea towels with a paper cut print on it in each bag!!  So pretty :)


Each seat had a cutting board, an x-acto knife, a cute little bag of candy, and an envelope with instructions, etc. in it.  The tables were decorated with candles in blue jars and flowers, too!



Annie demonstrated how to cut the templates she provided (there were four that she designed) and then we got to choose one and start working!  I picked a template with cute mushrooms on it, but they were all adorable!  She showed us how to add our own details, like words, and how to cut the letters in negative and positive space.  Annie is so nice and she and the woman helping her were so helpful throughout the whole workshop!

It was harder than I thought it would be!  Especially cutting the really tiny details.  It's important to cut out the little shapes first so the paper doesn't move around (which it does when the larger parts are cut out).  To do anything with letters, you write them backwards since you end up turning the paper over when you frame it.  I added "Home is wherever I'm with you" to my template.  It was hard to do the letters but I'm so glad I did!  I finished my paper cut right at the last second!  We got to pick the color of paper for the background and they put them in frames for us!  We also got to take an extra template home with us to try later.  

Look how cute it turned out!!


I love it so much and I can't wait to hang it up!  I'm going to buy an x-acto knife and cutting board soon so I can make my own at home!

I'm so glad I took this workshop!  Everyone that I met there was so nice and it was in such a neat place!!

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. I love the finished project! I hope you end up making some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying your blog - so much so that I nominated you to receive the Liebstar Award!
    http://simplenailsandbeauty.com/nominated-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jen!! I will check out your blog post now! :)

      Delete
  3. so cute! you are crafty and patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I was going so slowly at the beginning because the tiny areas were hard to cut out but we only had two hours so luckily I got faster at it!!

      Delete
  4. I love reading your blog, Amster! There are probably fun things like that going on in St Louis, but I don't hear about them. I've gotta get out more! Keep the fun things coming...love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for reading it, Ging! I'm sure there are tons of fun things like this there!! Love you too!

      Delete