Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Wonderful Weekend! (Tons of Pics)

Hello!

Alex and I are back in Baltimore!  We had such a great weekend!!  

Saturday morning we went to Most Sacred Heart Church in Eureka, MO, for my Aunt Ginger and Uncle Marty's wedding ceremony in the library there.  It was so beautiful!  My mom, aunts, and girl cousins (that were there) helped Ginger get ready.  I had fun doing her makeup!




The ceremony was so nice.  One of Marty's grandsons sang, and his daughter and I both did a reading.  We took lots of pics before and after.



Their first look!



Here's everyone on Ginger's side of the family that was there.
I had so much fun making the invitations, guest "book" sign, and fans for the wedding!  We had this at both ceremonies and I think everyone had fun writing their names in the balloons!  



I'm going to this to my Etsy shop as an example of something people can custom order!

It was so cold outside on Saturday!  Luckily, nothing took place outside so we stayed pretty warm.

We had a very nice lunch at Fleming's Steakhouse in St. Louis after the ceremony.  Everything was delish!  There was a table set up with bread, crostinis, and burrata for appetizers, then we were served yummy salads, entrees (there was a choice between chicken, filet mignon, and salmon), and dessert (carrot cake or cheesecake).  YUM!  I got the filet and Alex got chicken and we both picked cheesecake.  Oh my gosh, everything was so good!  The restaurant is normally only open for dinner, so we were the only people there and we had a really pretty room in the back to ourselves.





That night, Carl, Alicen, Alex, and I went to see the movie Annabelle.  Scary!  It had just come out the night before so the theater was packed and everyone was screaming!  That was fun.  A new SNL was on that night too, and Sarah Silverman was the host!  I love her.  It was a really good episode!  All six of us (my parents, Carl, Alicen, Alex, and me, and Dudie!) stayed at the condo so it was a fun slumber party!

Sunday there was a second wedding ceremony, this time at Mt. Nebo Primitive Baptist Church in Greenville, IL.  It's our cute little church that my family has gone to since it was built a looong time ago!  There are pictures all over the walls of my family from years and decades ago!  I love it there!

I got to decorate the chalkboard that was hanging near the entrance.  One of my aunts brought that and a bicycle that she painted purple (their wedding colors were purple and green) with balloons.  It was soo cute!  It made an adorable place to take pics.




This time, the ceremony was done by my cousin Anthony.  He did so well!  Marty's grandson sang an original song, another of his grandsons said two poems, my mom and two of my aunts sang a song and my uncle accompanied them on piano, and my cousin Marion also read a poem.  It was all so nice!




My cousin Brooklyn was the flower girl in both ceremonies and she did so well!!



The happy couple!

After the ceremony, there were pies and ice cream for everyone!  Chocolate cream pie, peach pie, and apple pie!  It was set up so cute.  There was punch and coffee to drink, too.  My aunt Brenda made adorable bicycle cookies as favors for everybody!  She also made a really cute banner that they hung on the wall.



It was so nice to see lots of family from my mom's side.  I haven't been able to go for Thanksgiving in several years and that's usually when I would see a lot of these people!  We visited and took lots of pics after :)

We flew home early Monday morning.  We flew into DC and we were in Baltimore by 10:30!  That seemed so quick!

Tonight, Alex's mom and one of his sisters are coming to visit us!  They will be here until Saturday afternoon.  That will be so fun!  I will post about all of the stuff that we do while they're here!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful bride! she is glowing. the weddings were truly a family affair. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda!! The weddings were so much fun :)

      Delete