Friday, May 29, 2015

My Paper Pumpkin #6

Hi!


It's been a while since I've posted about a My Paper Pumpkin project!  In case you haven't heard of it, My Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription box by Stampin' Up that includes everything you need to make a craft!  Many times it's a set of cards, but there have also been goody bags, gift boxes, and other fun things.  The kit I made last week was so cute!



This box included everything you need to make eight thank you cards with envelopes:

A cute set of clear stamps
Two ink pads (Pool Party and Daffodil Delight)



Pre-scored cards
Pre-scored envelopes
Eight sets of "Thanks" felt stickers
Adhesive strips
Bakers twine



The first thing I did was stamp each of the cards, which are long strips of white cardstock that you end up folding like an accordion.



You use the clear stamps in the kit (used with the clear block that comes with your very first My Paper Pumpkin box) to make a cute pattern on each section of each card!  I did the same patterns on each card, four starting with blue ink and four starting with yellow.



It was easier to stamp them when they were laying flat, so after I stamped them and I knew they were dry (which is pretty much right away), I folded them like an accordion.  

Then I stamped the "I just wanted to say..." on the first section of each card, using yellow ink on the blue triangles and blue on the yellow triangles!



Next I spelled out "Thanks" with the felt stickers on the next six sections of each cards.



The stickers were so fun!  I'll have to think of something cute to make with the outlines of the letters!



Next I stamped some designs on the envelopes.



Clear stamps are so fun because you can see exactly where you're stamping and line things up perfectly!

Then I used the adhesive strips to put the envelopes together.



Once they're put together, the envelopes are wide enough so the cards, which are thick because of the felt letters, fit in the envelopes perfectly.



The last step is to cut a 27" piece of string to wrap around the envelope twice and tie in a bow!



I loved this project and can't wait to use these adorable thank you cards!

If you love crafts, kits, cards, stamping, and getting a super fun box in the mail once a month that includes everything you need to make a very cute project, you will love My Paper Pumpkin!  Leave a comment with any questions you have about it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment