Thursday, February 26, 2015

Charm City Comedy Project

Hello!

**All photos in this post were taken by either Megan Wills or Keith Becraft!  These photos and more can be found on the awesome Charm City Comedy Project's Facebook page!**

I've been getting to do so many fun things with Charm City Comedy Project recently!  My main group, Moonbot, has continued to have our monthly shows, plus an extra show here and there when we're all available.  Those are always super fun and it's so great getting to know my group better!  The more we practice and perform together, the more fun we have.



Photo by Megan!
This is Moonbot, Safeword (an awesome improv group from DC), and Championship Air Wrestling.

I've also gotten to perform with a couple of other CCCP groups, too.  One group that I've performed with twice so far (we have another show tomorrow) is the Ladies All-Stars!  It's all girls, obviously, and it's so much fun!  It's a mix of people I know well, sort of know, and don't know at all!  It will probably never be the exact same group which is fun, too.  Megan, who is the co-founder of CCCP with Keith (who is in Moonbot with me), runs our Moonbot rehearsals, but she performs too when we have the all-girl shows!  I'm really excited to be part of this group.



Photo by Keith!
Here are the Ladies All-Stars and the stand up comics from that night.



Photo by Megan!
This was after a show where I performed with Moonbot and the Ladies All-Stars.

Last weekend, I played a small role in a totally different kind of show, Championship Comics.  It is a sketch/improv show based off of comic books.  I was a thug, along with fellow Moonbotter Scott.  I really had no idea what to expect, and it was really fun (and funny!).



Photo by Megan!

Next month I'm going to be a character in a Championship Air Wrestling show, too!  I'm so glad that I was able to find this group (thanks to a member of my improv group in Arizona, Tucson Improv Movement)!  I have felt welcome from the beginning and we always have so much fun.  I'm looking forward to the Charm City Comedy Festival, which will be happening this Spring for the second year in a row!  It sounds like it's going to be awesome!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: