Sunday, December 7, 2014

CreativeMornings #3

Hi!

I've been busy getting ready for my craft show that was yesterday!  Alex and I had fun!  I'll write all about it tomorrow :)

On Friday, I went to another CreativeMornings, this time at Center Stage!  It's about a ten minute walk from our apartment and it's really nice inside!  This month's theme was Education and the presenters were Max Bent and Jamaal 'Black Root' Collier.  The started out beatboxing (super good and funny!) and then they talked about their experiences in schools and did a Q & A session afterwards.  




They go into schools and use rhythm, beatboxing, rap, and music in general to teach things like math, language, and even history.  You could tell how much they love what the do, and they're really good at it!  At one point they had the audience stand up and just move around a little.  Max beatboxed and Jamaal rapped things for us to do, like wiggle our fingers, wave our hands back and forth, etc. and we were cracking up :)


The theater was really nice and it was another great talk!  I really love going to these!  Before we went into the theater, everyone was in kind of a lobby area right outside (the room we were in was on the forth floor...the place is big!) and we had more yummy treats from Dooby's.  



The new snack this time were chocolate hazelnut rosemary bars!  So good!



They also had a playwright that was writing plays about anyone that wanted to do it.  I did, and I think she's going to email the plays to us!  We'll see :)  That's a fun idea!



The other CreativeMornings Baltimore sponsors besides Dooby's are Strangers with Style and Shine Creative.

Pixelated Photo Booth was there again!  I got pixelated twice in two days!



Next month's talk is going to be at Creative Alliance.  I hope it's while we're in town!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment